Sunday, January 11, 2009

Passing the time

Sometimes I feel completely useless.
So I decided rather than sit under my covers all day eating olives and Facebook stalking, I can try to make an effort to record what has happened in the month since I last wrote.
Adam came to London.
We celebrated Christmas with friends from all over the world and drunk-baked Christmas cookies.
We went to Bath and saw where Nicolas Cage lives and where Jane Austen based her books. We took a dip in the natural spring water the Romans built their city on.



Then we waited in the freezing cold for four hours on New Year's to get a good view of the Eye firworks (it was worth it). What should have been a 30 minute walk home took us 2 hours because of the crowds.

Onward to Edinburgh and we spit on the heart, then off to the Highlands.
(The most beautiful landscapes I've ever seen)
We made grilled cheese with an Aussie couple, only to discover their version was completely different and didn't involve two pieces of bread or even a pan.

We saw an anti-Israel rally in Kensington.


I got scared and made us go to Harrod's instead.

Ate at a French restaurant that was far too fancy - I raced the waiter to the door when I had to go to the bathroom. I didn't realize they open it for you.

Now it's back to boredom. Yes, leave it to me to be bored and restless in London, England. Can't help it.

1 comment:

ah said...

awesome ferris photo.